The summer is a good time to schedule college visits and interviews. These college appointments will go fast, so start early by contacting your college of choice: Start with a virtual tour:
* This is good place to start prior to making an actual visit: www.campustours.com
* Visit the college web site for a tour and map: college directory
* Plan to visit the college for a full day.
* Attend when the school is in session, if possible.
* Arrange an interview with the admission office or other "campus visit" groups.
* Meet with the financial aid office to get all related financial aid information offered by that school.
* When doing a visit, check out the library, student unions, sporting facilities, and academic centers.
* Walk the campus to familiarize yourself with the layout.
* Review housing facilities and dormitories to determine whether to live on-campus or off-campus housing.
* Note the college rules for housing. Some colleges require first-time Freshmen to live in dormitories.
* Schedule time to speak with students and faculty.
* Visit the clubs and societies that are part of the campus life.
* Check campus rules, safety programs, and facilities that maintain the safety of the campus.
* Drive around the surrounding community to familiarize yourself with restaurants, theaters, rec areas, etc.