Talk to your school counselor about:
- Going to a college or university.
- College-track courses to start taking in middle school.
- The importance colleges and universities place on grades, and at what year will your school grades start to matter in the admissions process.
- College preparatory, AP, and other honors-level courses you should be taking in high school (9th through 12th grade).
- Academic enrichment programs (including summer and weekend programs) available through your school or local colleges.
- Pursuing extracurricular activities (such as sports, performing arts, volunteer work, or other activities that interest you).